sábado, 8 de febrero de 2014

Overwhelming

Sometimes, every now and then, I am lucky enough to meet or learn about a real life hero. Like Wangari Maathai, the Green Belt Movement and Nobel Prize winner. Like Josphine Ekiru, a maasai woman that was brave enough to face the poachers problem and convert them into elephant saviors. Like the Kisii Minister of Energy, another woman that faces all these corrupted politics of Kenya, and besides all that, she actually does something, she changes the life of her people for good. Like all those single mums in the world that you will never hear complain about, like all those anonymous heroes that try to make our world a better place every day.

And I feel at the same time inspired and overwhelmed. I am always conscious of my priviledged position, where I always had my basics needs covered, but when I try to help others, I always feel like I never do enough. Maybe it is because there are so many and so big problems in the earth we live in that it is impossible to cover everything. Or maybe it is really because I haven't expanded my potential to help others to its full possibilities. Probably is a bit of both.

In any case, it makes me cry to see all this misery and not be able to do anything about it. I want to stop it, I need to do something radical, something big. I need to feel that the world is a better place for everyone to live. Anyone with me?

vuelos a ras de suelo